Saturday, April 24, 2010

chaos, kids and shinsplints

What do you get when you cross a new computer, a new pair of running shoes, a digital camera and a prescription for valium... a blog to explain why you posses all the above. The explanation is that my husband is tired of me using his computer (thus the new mini laptop), I'm chunky and signed up for the portland marathon (thus the running shoes) I'm losing my memory (the digital camera) and I have vertigo (ok...thats the official reason for the valium but it we all know better). So here I go...tired of tracy bugging me for the last 5 years and i am officially blogging. ok, side bar to explain to mom (Mom...a blog means a journal on line for only your closest Peeps (ie...friends) to see. I know it sounds like something that you get after irrigating your nose but its not. I sincerely hope you have found this and not crashed your computer or accidently hacked into a government database.
Last night I hopped on the treadmill at 1030 pm. I was supposed to go 4 miles. 45 minutes and maybe 3 miles later I hopped off. I have golfers elbow on my L side from trying to hold my body up off the moving belt of the treadmill. I realize that in 6 months I will not be able to hold my quivering body off the asphalt as I try to complete this marathon but that is 6 whole months from now...so I'll deal with it then. Tommorrow I have to go 6 miles. As I am super slow I figure that will be 1 1/2 hours of walk run (15 minute mile). By my calculations I should complete the marathon in 6 1/2 hours. They start tearing it down in 7 hours. That will give my family enough time to drive to portland, see 2 movies, grab lunch and meet me at the hospital. Sounds awesome. The best part of the marathon is that its taking place on 10/10/10. thats why i signed up. I think it will make a cool tattoo. Trying to think of a way that 101010 won't look like binary code or a holocost victim. Again...i have 6 more months to figure this out. Thanks for being part of this journey

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am a happy girl! A happy, happy girl!! I knew this blog was coming soon... I just felt it coming! I'm so excited/scared/happy for you. This marathon is a goal you've had for a long, long time. I'm so proud of you Karen! I love to read your words, cause I can hear your voice so clearly. This will be great!! Love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete